Twitter

Monday 16 April 2012

Administrative aberration or computer c***up?

2012 04 16 Monday Anne Blore 67 Another dawn another day: it's so beautiful outside I could shout for joy! Speaking of joy: Happy Birthday Anne! My word these blogs are going to save me loads on cards and postage! Anyway . . . . the point of this blog is by way of explanation. Last night's blog isn't what I set out. I've been rehearsing to make the process work on the smartphone. . . . .but it's so difficult. The blogspot webpage has a mind of it's own. I simply can't type on the webpage so pre-prepare it, as I am doing now with this on the touch screen of my smartphone, all nearly spaced, with text in paragraphs and with data in lists. I then use the copy and paste technique - all well tested routines. Well, last night that's when it all went pear-shaped. The text looked fine on the webpage so, feeling extravagant, I thought a photo was in order. To place the cursor in the text in readiness for dropping in a picture was my downfall. The text behaved like an errant schoolboy chasing all over the place but never still for a moment. Eventually forced to give up I thought, save and publish and sleep, that's the answer. In my wisdom I believed my own hype. But no. Had I been on the whisky I would have understood but no such luck, and the naughty schoolboy was off again. I chased the "save" interminably and eventually captured it. Corporal punishment came to mind. "Boy!" "me Sir?" "Yes Sir, you Sir. Come here" "but Sir . . . . . . . and all that caper, but no time for that luxury. Just press and "publish". . . and be damned! First the excitement, then the disappointment. All punctuation and setting out gone, just one long mass of text. Ah well! Time presses on. Temps fugit, as mum used to say. The frost's gone off the grass and there's the small matter of a bike ride top do. And, in a moment . . . I could be repeating the same scene all over again!! Wish me luck and of I put the photo I'm first maybe . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment